Work at Camp
At Hidden Bay Leadership Camp you will find more than just a job, but an experience that will last a lifetime. Working with campers, teaching skills, putting on skits or leading campfire songs, you will create a lifetime of memories and skills. Where, other than camp, might you learn how to transform a dining hall into a Haunted Mansion, or take a camper out in a canoe for the first time?
We are looking for mature individuals to join our team for a number of different roles. All positions at camp are paid competitively.
If you are ready to take part in the most amazing, challenging and rewarding summer of your life, apply to join our team below.
Current Positions Available
- 1:1 Support Counsellors
- Camp Cook
Counsellors are 17 or older and live with and take care of campers (about 6 campers and 2 counsellors live in each cabin). During the day they lead activities around camp, lead all-camp activities in the evenings and supervise their cabin group at night.
Counsellors are the heart of Hidden Bay, they are who our campers see every morning at wakeup and at the end of each night at Vespers.
1:1 Support Counsellors:
We are proud to work with Reach for the Rainbow to bring campers with exceptionalities to Hidden Bay. As a 1:1 Support Counsellor, you will have the opportunity to support and work with a camper with an exceptionality while they are at camp, in their cabin, activities and at meals.
Food is an important part of life at Hidden Bay. The camp cook has the responsibility of creating the camp meals each day, and ensuring that there is always good food for everyone to eat.
We require that all our staff have the following requirements:
- Be at least 17 by the end of the calendar year they are working
- Hold current Standard First Aid & CPR C qualifications
- Be able to attend the full summer, including training week, from late June to the last week in August
- A clear Vulnerable Sector Check from your local police force
- Current Lifesaving Society NLS Award and Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (Waterfront Staff)
- Experience supporting youth and young adults with exceptionalities and/or phyiscal disabilities(Inclusion Program Staff)
- Safe Food Handler Certification(Kitchen Staff)